Last updated on January 3rd, 2018
1. User Consent
2. What Data We Collect
- Information Provided by Visitors: If you visit our Website or use our Services, we may collect PII from you, including, but not limited to, first and last name, organization name, e-mail address and password if you decide to register to receive information, schedule a demo, or create an account to use the Services. If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail (e.g., in response to an employment opportunity posted on our website), we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply, and any information that you submit to us, such as a resume. we will collect any information you voluntarily provide, and we may also request optional information to support your use of our services, such as your year of birth, gender and other demographic information. We collect information in the form of the content that you submit during your use of our services, such as photos, comments, ratings and other information you choose to submit. We may also collect information about you and your friends, from any social network you may have connected from, in order to provide you with a more personalized experience. We may receive Personal Information about you from other sources with which you have registered, companies who we have partnered with (collectively, “Partners”) or other third parties. We may associate this information with the other Personal Information we have collected about you. For instance, we may collect your user ID or profile information from third party sources in order to deliver a better experience of our products/services. If you choose to sign up to receive information about products or services that may be of interest to you, we will collect your email address and all related information. Additionally, we collect any information that you voluntarily enter, including Personal Information, into any postings, comments, or forums within the Squadcast community.
- Information that we may collect from our Customers: If you decide to purchase the Services and become a Squadcast customer (“Customer”), we will need to collect additional information from you.First, we – or our third-party credit card or payment processor on our behalf – will collect your payment information, such as a credit card number or account information. All of this is your PII. Second, you will need to set up your profile to be able to use the Services. This includes, among other things, telling us how to contact you or your organization when faults are detected by the organization’s monitoring tools, creating accounts for the on-call engineers on your team, and allowing permission to access information relevant to your account available from other tools you use. You will be able to set up your preferred contact methods (e.g., phone, SMS, email and/or push notifications) and you will be required to provide the applicable contact information (“Contact Information”), parts of which will also be PII. If you or your Users are supplying PII for Contact Persons, your represent and warrant that you have the right to provide such information.
3. How We Use the Data We Collect
We use PII for two basic purposes: to provide and improve the Website and to provide and improve the Services. In particular, we use Contact Information to send alerts to Customers in accordance with the Customer’s notification rules and schedule. We may also use PII to facilitate the creation of and secure your account on our network; identify you as a User in our system; provide improved administration of our Website and Services; improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website and Services; respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; send promotional communications; provide you with hardcopy or electronic newsletters, or surveys; send upgrades and special offers related to our Services and related services and for other marketing purposes of PagerDuty, should you request to receive such communications from us; make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback. We may also analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of the Website and Services or improve their respective functionalities, or for other business purposes. We may use and display your full name and email address when you send an email notification to a friend through Squadcast or any other tool from which you have connected to Squadcast (such as in an invitation, or when sharing your content). Additionally, we use your email address to contact you on behalf of your friends (such as when someone sends you a personal message) or notifications from any other application/tool/website with whom you have registered to receive such notifications. We may use this e-mail address to contact you, for things such as notifications of limited edition shop sales and other related information. However, you may indicate your preference at any time to stop receiving further promotional communications.
4. When We May Disclose Data
5. Your Choices: We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your PII
- Ability to Edit or Delete Personal Information: You may edit any of your PII in your account, including Contact Information (and/or notification rules), by editing your profile. You may also request that we delete your account information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, but please note that we may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). We will respond to such requests within 30 days. When we delete or edit account information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We will otherwise retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services as well as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
6. Information Processed under the Direction of Customers
As described above, Squadcast processes Contact Information under the direction of the applicable Squadcast Customer (data controller) and has no direct relationship with the individuals (e.g., Devops Personnel) whose personal data it processes. Any individual who seeks access, or who seeks to edit or delete inaccurate Contact Information should direct his or her query to the applicable customer. It is the customer’s responsibility to edit or delete (or have edited or deleted) such Contact Information as set forth above.
7. Security of Your Data
Squadcast is committed to protecting the security of your PII. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your PII from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also require you to enter a password to access your account information. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. Despite these measures, you should know that Squadcast cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with PII and mistakes and security breaches may happen. If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at the information below.
8. Links to Third Party Sites
9. Right to Information
You may request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, certain information about the PII (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of PII that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to email@example.com.
11. Contact Information